Care Proceedings

Sometimes parents experience difficulties in looking after their children and as a result Social Services become involved. In serious cases where there have been allegations of abuse (which can mean physical, emotional, developmental or sexual abuse), Social Services may intervene and may make an application to court for various orders, including a Care Order. To obtain an order, Social Services must show that the children are likely to suffer from significant harm if left in your care because the level of care you are giving is not adequate or because the child is beyond your control.

If your children are going to be taken away from you and put into care by Social Services you may be able to prevent this. You can object to Social Services obtaining a Care Order and ask the court to let the children live with you or a relative instead.

We can represent you throughout if you want to prevent a Care Order being made.

For more information call us on: 01902 772 500 or contact us.